Friday, January 4, 2013

My job as a welding

My job as welder not only requires me know physically and mentally know how to weld, but also requires me to know how to fabricate metal. "Fabricate metal"  yes fabricating metal isn't as hard as it sounds all it really is to know how to do/form the metal to the exact measurements that I need it or the job requires. Whether the metal has to be cut down, sawed at an angle, beveled, milled,bend,  it is all a form of fabrication which is needed for me to know in order to do my job properly. Another thing that also is needed to know not just for me and my job, but for anyone in or starting off in the welding work field is being able to read welding symbols or even blueprints. Blueprints can be pretty difficult and some could be easy just depends on how much you know but there are some common symbols that should be knowledgeable to even the most novice of welders.

No comments:

Post a Comment